RedHat Certified System Administration(RHCSA)
RHCSA exam and exam objectives provided here are based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 version of the exam.
The performance-based RHCSA exam (EX200) tests your knowledge and skill in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. You must be an RHCSA to earn a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat products.
An RHCSA certification is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the core system-administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
Audience and prerequisites:
Prerequisites for this exam
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and II and are on the path to earn RHCSA certification
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- IT professionals who are on the path to earn RHCE certification
- An RHCE who is noncurrent or who is about to become noncurrent and wants to recertify as an RHCE
Certification program requirements:
- Have either taken the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) course
- The RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199) or have comparable work experience as a system administrator on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Review the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam (EX200) objectives
Windows system administrators:
- The RHCSA Certification Exam consists of 1 section lasting up to 2.5 hours.
- The exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system rather than answer questions about how someone might perform those tasks.
- Real-world experience is valuable preparation for this hands-on exam.
- RHCSAs certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later are considered current for 3 years after the date on which the certification was earned. Current status can be extended by passing additional Red Hat exams.
To achieve certification, students must pass these Exams
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA Exam (RH135)
- RHCSA Exam (EX200)
- Performance-based exam that tests the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.